This recipe was originally created during season one of my Trader Joe’s cooking show, SWASHBUCKLED! It was undoubtedly the favorite of the entire season, and has been made multiple times over. We swap out tomatoes for sweet strawberries, and the unexpected flavor combination is really light, summery, and is hard to stop! It is beautiful too, and makes a great statement for any potluck or gathering.
You can watch the whole episode below (slight content warning, nothing too bad or offensive, but we can be a little on the crude side. We are drinking champagne while cooking!) If you want to see more, make sure you subscribe and head over to The Fearless Flying Kitchen for more.
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 Onions, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 Pint Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 Avocados, diced
- Juice of 1 Lemon or Lime (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mince onion and jalapeno, dice strawberries and avocado. Add lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro and just a little bit of salt. Mix everything together and do a taste test to make sure you have enough salt.
- Serve with your favorite chips – We love the pita crackers or tortilla chips.